Better Bean Company is a family owned company with a mission to, “get you to eat more beans.” They use organic and sustainable ingredients. Their beans are ready to heat and eat. Their mantra is, “for the love of beans.” When I contacted Co-founder, Hannah, about sponsoring us during our vegan challenge. She happily sent me many of their unique varieties that Better Bean has to offer. We both loved beans while we were pregnant! You can find Better Bean’s here: Find better beans.
What makes Better bean’s special?
They soak their beans, which makes for better digestion, and their beans don’t require any seasonings. They don’t rely on just salt or fat to season their beans. You’ll find sauteed onions, garlic, and spicy peppers. They are ready to serve and are delicious. They are also available in the refrigerated section, which means they are fresh. They aren’t watery like you’ll find with canned beans.
Why you should be eating beans?
Beans are high in soluble fiber, low in fat, and linked to lower cholesterol. They are filling, packed with protein, and help balance your blood sugar. Plus, they are an affordable plant-based protein.
Let’s get to the beans.
Scroll to see how we’ve been incorporating beans into our vegan challenge. Plus, at the bottom of the page, I’m sharing my recipe for Stuffed Sweet Potatoes made with Better Beans.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 container-Better Bean's Three Sister's Chili
- 1 container-Skillet Refried Red Beans
- 1 diced avocado
- 3 sliced green onions
- 1 lime in 4 slices
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- Bake the sweet potatoes on 400 for 40 mins or until fork-tender.
- Combine both containers of Better Bean's in a skillet.
- Bring the beans to a slight boil on medium heat, immediately stir, and turn down to low heat to keep warm.
- Prepare your avocado, green onions, cilantro and lime.
- Slice each sweet potato in half, top with ¼ of the Better bean mixture.
- Top each sweet potato with avocado, green onions, cilantro, and fresh squeezed lime.
- Serve along-side a big salad.
I hope you are inspired to incorporate beans into your diet. Let me know if you try out my stuffed sweet potatoes. If you’d like to see what’s up with Better Beans visit their –Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. My favorite Better Bean’s are definitely their original recipe, Skillet Refried Red beans. They are so good, and taste like a recipe you would leave simmering on your stove all day. And now I’m craving beans!